Well, it took a while but my petition to keep strong encryption without backdoors legal in th EU is now open for supporters!
Please feel free to support it and or boost/promte it
Gold Market Cap
🟪 🟪 🟪 🟪 🟪 🟪 🟪 🟪 🟪 🟪 🟪
Bitcoin Market Cap
Total US Dollar Money Stock (M1):
⬛ ⬛ ⬛ ⬛ 🟩 🟩 🟩
⬛ — state as of beginning of 2020
🟩 — newly created US Dollars in 2020
Letting go of the guide rails can be a scary thought, but you don't need to do it all at once. Pick one, get comfortable, then move on.
Don't strive for perfection, strive for better.
Bitcoin will be regulated to hell (Monero Chads report in!) https://videos.lukesmith.xyz/videos/watch/8ba38c94-e8c2-421f-bb5f-47f4169fa804
I have to say, the new Muun 2.0 lightning wallet is pretty slick.
Super simple, non-custodial, seamless between Lightning and onchain, inbound liquidity solved, solid backup solution and now fully open source.
In one call I asked Dario about more privacy & Tor, but I think the simplicity here is a solid counter argument.
The 🚂 keeps on rolling!
The city of Miami (FL) is enabling #Bitcoin based
- salaries for their employees,
- fee & tax payments for their residents,
- and inclusion in the city treasury
Great job, @FrancisSuarez! 👏
Interesting read from Breeez https://medium.com/breez-technology/lightning-economics-how-i-learned-to-stop-worrying-and-love-inbound-liquidity-511d05aa8b8b
Inactive users will be paying onchain fees...
Ok, this aged really well 😂
So just so I get it right. Elon's director of treasury was sent to Saylor's annual "put Bitcoin in your treasury" summit. Which will presumably take some time for the companies to implement. And now Musk starts to ultra shill Dogecoin, which may conveniently slow down the Bitcoin price growth for some time...
Takeaways from the #taproot activation discussion:
1. Unanimous support for BIP8. RIP BIP 9.
2. Overwhelming consensus that 1yr is correct timeout value (it's actually defined in blocks, so 26x2016 or maybe 87600).
3. Majority consensus for lockin false, though @lukedashjr strongly opposed.
4. No decision I could see on start time, but 2 months was done for segwit, and that didn't seem too objectionable.