Major darknet market closing as founder walks away a Bitcoin billionaire
Elliptic estimated that the admins of [Joker's Stash] earned at least 60,000 bitcoins, assuming a 20% commision on sales. At today’s value, that would be nearly $2.8 billion."
Ok, so this was one hella of surreal down-to-the-rabbit-hole.
It turns out you can download pruned #Bitcoin full node + lnd on your Android (using https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nayuta.core) and then you download a game (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mandelduck.sarutobilightning) where you swing a monkey long distance. If you shoot the monkey over 200m, it opens a channel to your node with 40k sats. And now you can link your Lightning Crush with this and get sats to this node.
So I literally just played https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hanseikai.LightningCrush on Android, won couple sats and withdrew those to Breez immediately.
We donated 4 of the 6 existing mainnet Pay-to-Taproot outputs (currently anyone-can-spend) to brink.dev.
Thank you f2pool.com and @satofishi for including the non-standard transaction in a block!
1/ My essay "Can Bitcoin be Palestine's Currency of Freedom?" is now live.
I spoke to Palestinians to learn how they are using Bitcoin as a peaceful protest to overcome staggering financial barriers 🇵🇸 ⚡
My chat with a user in Gaza blew my mind 🧵:
Just add it to your block list
Bitcoin Optech newsletter #158 is here:
- describes recent changes to services and client software
- continues the 'how to prepare for taproot' series: why wallets should wait before generating taproot addresses, lists
- announces LND 0.13.1-beta, Rust-Lightning 0.0.99, Eclair 0.6.1
And to hint some of it (but DYOR):
- Expect a post from me within two months that says to ditch Swan, Coinbase shitcoin casino, River, CashApp, etc. and use Strike instead.
- Imagine there's a free "Google Translate" system that automatically and seamlessly translates your currency to any other currency at the moment of your payment for free and at market rate.
As I'm looking into it more - what Strike is doing is ground breaking.
I know my Bitcoin friends are going to complain, but there are multiple break-throughs that are not really obvious at the first look.