I have this weird idea for a distributed and private Mastodon instance:
- the instance would be Tor-only
- anybody* could help host an instance they like by installing and running some software (let's say a "node")
- the nodes would connect with each other and coordinate which one should do what (storage, database, http, etc)
- by using OnionBalance one can split the traffic among all the "http" instances
*not really "anybody" because this would make it trivial to take down the instance
So...the government created Tor, and publicly released it...because they wanted to use it. They also needed cover traffic.
What if Bitcoin is another such government project for black budget movement that spiraled wildly out of control and "Satoshi" vanished because a bunch of spooks had a heart attack at what they just set off?
Welcome new influx of Twitter exodus.
This is a free speech safe-space, keep it legal and non-spammy and we should all survive.
There is no privacy here, this software was not designed with that in mind, govern yourself accordingly. Note, running this stock & best effort basis.
PS: keep your corn safe https://bitcoinsecurity.guide
Just got in a discussion on slack and realised that it'd really be worth itemising specifically that set of fungibility techniques in Bitcoin that could at least theoretically have as anonymity set the whole blockchain. This is what I came up with, any thoughts?
2. LN **
2. scriptless script swaps **
3. Coinjoin Unlimited (coinjoinxt + dual fund)
4. Pay-to-endpoint style coinjoin
5. Regular 'Coinswap' without scriptless script **
** all need either (1) or Schnorr for goal.
Cold Card. Why risk it with an ETF when you can have it all in your hand? Cold Card wallet needs no website or computer to operate, unlike Trezor or Ledger. The security chips use secure elements, and pins can be programmed to brick the wallet in a duress situation. Back up of the wallet is accomplished through removable hi reliability, military grade SD cards available on the site.They are shipping NOW. Next level security for the truly paranoid.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weJzeonwWvA
Bitmain IPO Slidedecks, Google Translated in English(bad, but gets the points across): https://www.slideshare.net/JohnSmith4879/bitmainzh-cnen
CEO of the Lightning Network, reporting for duty 😂