I want to emphasize that I am very skeptical that #CryptoMastodon will take off. But i'm willing to try, because:
1. We need to learn how to continue the conversation under censorship
2. We need alternatives to Twitter and Reddit
3. Help platforms like @mastodon improve
4. Figure out how to transport identity and reputation
5. Find more alternatives
6. Enjoy some #shitposting
@nvk If we push the more popular people like Pierre or get Pham to come back and be active here, it could take off.
@nvk 4. Is trivial. Just claim the handle of a big name on another platform, copypaste their buo & avatar and watch the follows flow in.
@nvk 7. I love getting Boosted🌟
@nvk i didn't understand #1.."under censorship"?... & would add let's use Open-Source everywhere!
@nvk it is nice to have a backup network with the same people because if Twitter fucks up nobody has to panic but just move on to Mastodon
@nvk hm... it’s a little concerning for the admin of a popular instance to say this.
Therefore, I think it’s safer to be on mastodon.social in case you call it quits?
Agree with all but maybe we should keep 6. (Shitposting) on Twitter and have more constructive discussion here and buidl.
1. If the creme de la creme of #Bitcoin is willing to shift to Mastodon we're a little step closer to become censorship resistant again.
2. Probably a time-out tweeting would help also to widen the movement/shift. So let's TooT!
3. Ppl are getting more and more hungry for becoming their self-regulated authorities besides managing their sound money/educational efforts/nutrition.
4. Everyone's voice, contribution, effort to MMGA (Make MastodonGreatAgain) matters.
@nvk Agreed. Feels good to have a ready to go fallback in case twitter goes full censorship
@nvk indeed, notwithstanding importance of the other points, #3 and #4 are of great interest and a lot could be done! e.g. coming up with a method for
@nvk the great thing about Bitcoiners is that skepticism is the prevailing attitude. You rarely find this elsewhere in crypto.
@nvk Reddit is a mess... Feels like a TV show drama...
@nvk looks like it's doing pretty well to me!