A Tor Hidden Service Mastodon instance hosted by grubles can be found here if you're interested: http://62cwau56zfsnbeyh4ds7a6qqhciirpyl4ijzy754jf34cvd4la5akjid.onion
If facebook rolled out bitcoin support in combination with whatsapp they could easily become the largest wallet provider in the space.
I would absolutely hate that, but they could easily pull it off.
Chain analysis / transaction tracking is a natural fit for them too...
That said they'll probably end up releasing a facebook token and ignore bitcoin altogether. I'd prefer that actually.
Some good bitcoiners to follow in order to get you started on Mastodon
Glad to be here with all of you
Bitcoin dev Cory Fields discovered a BCH vulnerability that could have resulted in a split chain and substantial loss of funds. He responsibly(and anonymously) reported it to BCH devs and they fixed it before it could be exploited. Read this.
If you want to create your own instance, this guide by @ummjackson is the best I've found.
Just a reminder, you can interact and follow people across instances. You can export the list of people you follow to a new account but no past toots or followers carry over.
I'll probably stick with this instance for now, will play it by ear. The important thing is we always have the option to spin up a new instance if necessary.
Bitcoiners are joining mastodon en masse, hope you're ready for the influx @Gargron
A few reasons to move from twitter to the fediverse:
- Non-manipulated feed
- No promoted tweets
- You are not the product
- You can choose a community that works for you or create one
- Less censorship, depending on the community
- No surveillance with respect to delivering you to advertisers
- No sudden/continual API policy changes to protect a profit stream
- Open source transparency, auditability, forkability, improvability
- Sample size: 2000 american adults
- 8% of respondents own bitcoin and/or other cryptocurrencies
- Ownership by income bracket:
$100k+ - 7%
$50k to 75k - 11%
Less than $50k - 7%
- 41% say they will never buy bitcoin (we'll see about that)
1. Mastodon supports 2FA, so you should go enable that in settings.
2. Use a vpn or tor if you don't want @nvk to know your ip address(es)
@notsofast Can't, they didn't really think the identity stuff through. Wish there was a way to sign a pub key and use that as the basis of the identity.
Bitcoin & distributed systems🤘Toots aren't investment advice. Do your own research. Don't trust, verify. PGP: F46C 4BA9 B9A7 1F52 1305 DB22 D161 F4E0 C141 16A8
A mastodon instance for Bitcoin Maximalists.
No scams, no shitcoin, no impersonation, no begging, and no illegal content.
Keep it civil and we should all survive :)