Since the #SocialDistancing started I made two videocalls with their #Jitsi instance and that saved me from feeling completely isolated. Unfortunately free telecommunication services are completely overloaded atm, but that's why it's so important to #DonateToFreeSoftware projects, especially right now.
Thanks @Framasoft ❤️
#COVID19 and Economic Crisis : Government “Cures” Will Be Worse Than The Disease
A brief walk down the history lane is all it takes to see this.
Are you in #quarantine ? SDF may be the place for you!
* Teach or Join a class to learn the UNIX shell, network utilities & programming languages
* Listen or become a DJ and steam https://aNONradio.net
* Create or stream video content from https://toobnix.org
* Join the PLAN9 boot camp & learn PLAN9 from Bell Labs
* Join our Minecraft Server https://mc.sdf.org
* Boot and run your own VM instance of Solaris, OpenBSD, Ubuntu, FreeBSD, CentOS, Debian, Plan9 or NetBSD with a dedicated IP
- Sur notre chaîne PeerTube : https://video.tedomum.net/videos/watch/2035a814-ecfe-4e67-8b6f-6d4438477efe
Un grand merci aux Studios pour leur super travail de montage :)
As a side note, just a shower thought about the role of time in these models and in Bitcoin...
A "funny" thing about the Newtonian model is the reversibility of time in its equations (something that is the complete opposite of our intuition of the existence of an arrow of time).
Thermodynamics has reintroduced the idea of an arrow of time with its 2nd principle.
This was pushed even further by researchers like Prigogyne (works on dissipative structures).
"We already store data. In a database. It works well." – Jimmy Wales
(submitted by susam)
Analyses bioinformatiques du coronavirus 2019-nCoV : pourquoi et comment ? https://www.journalduhacker.net/s/0cbvnv/analyses_bioinformatiques_du https://bioinfo-fr.net/analyses-bioinformatiques-du-coronavirus-2019-ncov-pourquoi-et-comment #sciences
Un câble USB pour autodétruire votre ordinateur sous Linux s’il est volé ? Voici BusKill ! https://www.journalduhacker.net/s/ohdtfj/un_c_ble_usb_pour_autod_truire_votre https://korben.info/un-cable-usb-pour-autodetruire-votre-ordinateur-sous-linux-sil-est-vole-voici-buskill.html #matériel
There are many ways to build a cheap and secure little box dedicated to mixing with @[email protected]
For this one I used an @[email protected] XU4Q and some old credit cards: https://github.com/openoms/joininbox/
* connect to a full node through Tor or LAN
* store the SSH keys on a hardware wallet
I have been very busy recently with life and stuff. Next week, I'm getting back to Bitcoin by doing a presentation about Schnorr / Taproot using the material from the recent code review (thanks @waxwing for taking so much time to explain some of this stuff to me) https://www.sosthene.net/event/tech-meetup-schnorr-taproot/
@jon @waxwing @emil In case you want more info, here's an article I wrote about it a decade ago (not much has changed): https://www.linux.com/news/workrave-fights-repetitive-strain-injuries/
For laptop keyboards, I find that I'm ok if I use a full-sized keyboard (e.g. laptops with 14-inch or larger screens) and I'm careful about my hand position. That said, I have a split keyboard for desktop use that allows me to get ideal positioning.
I've never tried foot peddles for shifting keys; that's interesting.
RT @[email protected]
Log from today's meeting is now posted: https://bitcoincore.reviews/16702.html#meeting-log. Thanks to @[email protected] for hosting and all participants.
We just released a new episode of the Cypherpunk Bitstream podcast where we talk about "The Second Realm": Is more liberty possible? Parallel systems, conflict management, TAZs, and The Sovereign Individual.
Nouvel article tiré de mon intervention à Liège il y a deux semaines, "Bitcoin, champignons et cryptoanarchie" (oui je suis assez fier du titre)
Malicious Python libraries stealing OpenPGP and SSH keys:
– Look for python3-dateutil, and jeIlyfish.
– Both modules try to exfiltrate SSH/OpenPGP keys and send them to an IP address.
– This is the third time the PyPI team intervenes to remove typo-squatted malicious Python libraries from the official repository.
The social network of the future: No ads, no corporate surveillance, ethical design, and decentralization! Own your data with Mastodon!